You can't do anything, but you can do some really cool stuff

In the midst of gusty winds, ice-cream drippings through the cracks of fingers and stomach-kicking laughter, I learnt exactly what I needed to know: you can't do anything you want, but if you work hard you can do some really cool stuff.

Last night I received the pep talk I was looking for from someone who I have always admired - My cousin Grace. What I loved was her passion about hard work. Most Gen Ys tend to avoid anything that involves hard work and dream about the ultimate life while doing the absolute minimum. Being stuck in this ridiculousness is hard, but getting out of it requires real hard work. 

What I'm listening to: Of the Night - Bastille


We all have or have had great dreams of what our lives will look like - at least I have always dreamt of the future (since I was about 7). I used to dream about things like performing or owning my own business. I got to 14 and with the help of one of the most inspiring person ever, Glen Gerreyn, I learnt how to dream big and rediscovered what I actually always wanted out of life (from a 14 year old's perspective). However when I turned 16, what I thought was reality set in, and I started choosing to make decisions based on a mediocre achievable lifestyle. Until now I had completely forgotten about any possibility of working hard for anything.

Though it feels like I'm still living in the phase of I want to be doing and I am going to be doing, I'm moving in to the I am doing. 

Don't forget who you are and who you have always wanted to be, even if people tell you that you aren't good enough.

I think that's enough to think about for a few days.

Much love,

B

Twitter // Bloglovin' // Tumblr 

No comments:

Post a Comment